MASTER IN ARTS (M.A.)
MA English Language Teaching (ELT) is a 2-years degree program designed to facilitate academic and professional development of those who aspire to teach English as a second language in Pakistan. The program will be equally beneficial for pre- service and in- service teachers. Focusing on current theory and practice in English language teaching, MA ELT will contribute to their career development by introducing them to eclectic teaching methods, curriculum and syllabus design, designing classroom activities and lesson plans. The program will facilitate students to develop and reflect upon their understanding of English Language Teaching and lead them to explore the recent developments in teaching methodology and teacher education so that they can amicably perform the role of teachers as well as model-facilitators. The program specifically helps to develop their knowledge and understanding of English with a specific focus on receptive and productive skills of language.
The program objectives to:
- Provide English language teachers and fresh graduates an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of English Language Teaching from both theoretical and practical perspectives with an opportunity to examine, understand and research the problems related to ELT in Pakistan.
- Equip those who are interested in pursuing an academic career in the field of ELT and/or aspire to embark on a higher degree with essential research and analytical skills.
- Enhancing students’ awareness of effective pedagogic tools for language education.
- Focus on various aspects of microteaching as well as effective embedding of technological advancements in their lesson plans.
- Give an understanding of the standard procedures of curricula and syllabi design and development.
- Enable learners to consider how materials are developed for teaching and to review a range of teaching materials with a critical consideration of recent developments in methodology.
- Enable students to reflect upon their language proficiency and clarify their own views about learning and teaching of language.
Admission Eligibility Criteria:
BA/B.Sc. or equivalent relevant qualification with ‘English’ as compulsory/optional subject with at least 50% marks or CGPA 2.00 out of 4 from HEC recognized university/institution.
Realizing teaching practice as a key influence on students’ effective learning which is a desired outcome and primary goal of higher educational institutions, one month teaching practice in the College’s PVCs/ Faculty Campuses/ Schools/ Colleges is made compulsory for the successful completion of the degree program.
- The courses may be revised from time to time as a result of continuous review to bring them at par with courses being taught at top-class foreign universities. While reviewing the courses, needs of local educational context and job market are also given full consideration.
- College reserves the right to change fee structure from time to time.
Click Here To See Fee Structure
📞 051-5461392, (92) 334 000 51 01
Arham Plaza , Dhok Mustaqim Road.Pirwadhai Mor, Peshawar Road,Rawalpindi
Pakistan Institute of Science and technology (PIST) aims to emerge as a leading research intensive college of Pakistan, comparable to the top engineering college of the Pakistan within the next 5 years. It will be a comprehensive, residential college, responsive to technological change, dedicated to excellence and committed to international education perspective. The college will fulfill its responsibility of graduating culturally enlightened, technologically knowledgeable, and academically competent and research-oriented productive citizens who are prepared to lead, to inspire, and to serve humanity. The college commits itself and all its resources to this trust and responsibility.